Amplified Labs -- the product division of Amplified IT -- is focused on building a suite of lightweight tools that extend G Suite to re-imagine how work gets done in K-12 schools (Kindergarden through to Secondary). Under the leadership of our Lead Software Engineer and Chief Product Officer, our small development team brings together a rare combination of experience in education and web application development, and aims to leverage Amplified IT's reach and understanding of the needs of over 3,000 school customers to produce delightful, time and resource-saving solutions.
- Collaborate closely with our Edinburgh-based Lead Software Engineer, ideally within a frequent physically co-located working arrangement.
- Work within a collaborative, agile / scrum-inspired team on a range of web application development projects.
- Facilitate innovative design and delivery of solutions to challenging technical problems through information gathering and best practices.
- Contribute to general UI and UX solution design, delivery, and iteration.
- Minimum 2 years experience on a production web application development team, including exposure to APIs, with attention to performance. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Solid understanding of Angular JS (or other MV* frameworks) and ability to write clean, concise and maintainable code.
- Experience using deployment workflow and task automation processes.
- Experience with the use of version control in a collaborative team environment.
- Nice to have
- Experience building product integrations with Google APIs and/or Google Apps Script
- Developing native applications using web technologies
- Visualisation frameworks (e.g. d3.js)
- Strong written and spoken English
- Independent problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to others
- Background, interest or affinity for education
- £35,000-£50,000 compensation package
- Flexible working environment
- Annual trip to Amplified HQ in Virginia, USA
- Customised development machine
- Join dynamic, fast growth-stage company