As a Software Engineer with Amplified IT, you’ll collaborate with a small but growing agile development team in our product division (Amplified Labs). You will work across the full stack of modern web technologies to solve problems and build solutions for Primary and Secondary schools. Developing Chrome extensions, GSuite Add-ons, web applications and other client side UIs, we integrate tightly with Google’s G Suite tools and the full range of APIs available using Apps Script, Angular, Node.js, Express and a wide range of Google Cloud Platform services. Your grasp of web development fundamentals and patterns will allow you to produce clean, maintainable code, and your strong communication and creative problem solving skills will make you a key influencer in the conversations that shape our roadmap, our evolving tech stack, and the processes that define our work together.
As a Google for Education Premier Partner and winner of the 2017 Google Cloud Global Partner Award for Customer Success in Google for Education, Amplified IT’s significant impact in education -- we currently work with over 4000 districts, including 9 of the 15 largest in North America -- can be attributed to our unique approach to educational technology consulting. We focus on empowering school IT staff through knowledge transfer, and on practicing deep empathy for the unique technical and human challenges faced by schools when we bring tools and services to market.
- Collaborate closely with our Edinburgh-based Lead Software Engineer, either remotely or from our Norfolk office.
- Work within a collaborative, agile / scrum-inspired team on a range of web application development projects.
- Facilitate innovative design and delivery of solutions to challenging technical problems through information gathering and best practices.
- Contribute to general UI and UX solution design, delivery, and iteration.
- Minimum 2 years experience on a production web application development team, including exposure to APIs, with attention to performance. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Solid understanding of Angular (or other MV* frameworks) and ability to write clean, concise and maintainable code.
- Experience using deployment workflow and task automation processes.
- Experience with the use of version control in a collaborative team environment.
- Nice to have
- Experience building product integrations with Google APIs and/or Google Apps Script
- Developing native applications using web technologies
- Visualization frameworks (e.g. d3.js)
- Strong written and spoken English
- Independent problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to others
- Background, interest or affinity for education
What can Amplified IT offer you?
- Mission driven culture focused on improving technology access in K-12 schools in North America
- Flexible working hours to support work-life balance
- Paid time off and sick leave
- Customized development machine
- Opportunity to join dynamic, fast growth-stage company